Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'll Love You When... by Tami Gilman

I’ll love you in the morning
When you wake up looking frumpy
I’ll love you in the evening
When you’re tired and feeling grumpy

I’ll love you when you’re busy
And need more hours in a day
I’ll love you when you talk to me
And let me make a way

I’ll love you when you think you’re right
And make your own mistakes
I’ll love you when you realize
I’m there when your heart breaks

I’ll love you when you don’t notice me
I’ll love you when you do
I’ll love you when you think I don’t
Because only I know what is true

I’ll love you when you’re angry with me
I’ll love you when you’re not
I love you with the price I paid
I love you with the sin I bought

I’ll love you when you succeed
I’ll love you when you fail
I’ll love you whether you realize
It was more than just a nail

I want only the best for you
And hope you comprehend
I’ll love you no matter what
And I’ll always love you when…



All My Love,
Jesus

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the rhymes! Great job.-Jenn

Unknown said...

what a great poem. I love the unique way you did it. Thanks.

Kim Jackson said...

Tami, thank you for creatively expressing the truth that Jesus loves us no matter what. I needed that encouraging reminder--I'm forgetful.....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.