Monday, September 20, 2010

True Love by JoAnn Lampe

A lifetime of lies
So cruel the taunts of children
“I don’t want her she can’t run.”
“She can’t throw or bat, and
She’s too fat.”


Awkward, oh so awkward
Too shy to look forward
Only backward
Seeing only the social “faux-pas”
Real and imagined
Like scarlet letters stamped upon my chest
Will I never find rest – have success?


Trying so hard to fit in place
Running down all the wrong paths trying to win the race
Love me! Accept me! I CAN be like you!
Watch me change to fit the place


Who will love me?
I want to know
Tired and weary
of making mistakes
My heart just can’t take another blow.


“Come to me all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)


“…the LORD your God…turned the curse
into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God
loves you.” (Deuteronomy 23:5)


“Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me.” (Psalm 66:20)


Lord you love me JUST AS I AM!
It doesn’t matter where I’ve been
Or what I’ve done.


The curses and lies you’ll turn in to blessings
So truly the “Names” can no longer hurt me
You are my “rock”, my Savior, my one true love
Jesus, the healer of broken hearts.


“…his love endures forever.” (1Chronicles 16:34)

1 comments:

Kim Jackson said...

JoAnn, thank you for your profound and powerful poem. What a wonderful reminder to rest in His great love! Thank you, and Thank You!