Sunday, November 29, 2009

With or Without by JoAnn Lampe

Psalm 25:4-7
Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you are good, O LORD.


With or Without

A path is there before me,
It’s end I cannot see.
Peering through the thickset bracken,
I note a clear path is clearly lackin’

Dear Lord, I pray, show me the way.
Not tomorrow but today!
I grow impatient waiting to hear
Do you not see me? I know I am near

I will wait no longer for You to say,
“Come follow me I know the way.”
I’m off on my own – I know I can do it
Just stay up in Heaven, and I’ll see to it.

I bravely step through the bracken gate
Thankful I haven’t waited too late.
Big strides I make on my first day
Oh yes! I am on my way!

Ooops! I’m caught on a prickly briar
I’ve told some lies, but I’m not a liar.
Jumping ahead using someone’s feet
I have a feeling I’m no longer sweet.

Ooops! I’ve fallen in a great big hole.
I can’t remember – what was my goal?
With no one’s help – to make it on my own.
Without the Lord, my destiny’s sown.

Oh Lord, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.
Do you think you could help this insolent pup?
The path laid before me was life you see
With it’s twists & turns & dangers times three.

You say I’m forgiven? Oh – I knew it was true
I’m stopping now to wait for you.
You’ll guide me through the path ahead
Now I can look without any dread.

My life is my own with the Lord at my side
I just have a less bumpier ride.
So Lord here I am – here’s my hand,
I’m following YOU to the Promised Land!

0 comments: